We're looking forward to building a community of active contributors to ChippePedia, but we're starting cautiously, hoping to avoid some of the well-publicized problems experienced by other wikis. We want, we need, your help, but there are some ground rules.
To become a contributor to ChippePedia, users must agree to the following terms:
- Users will contribute to the goals of ChippePedia, to create an accurate, objective, accessible, and comprehensive resource for anyone curious about the Chippewa Valley.
- Users will abide by the policies of ChippePedia. Contributions that are historic in nature should be cited from reliable sources, written to be free of bias, about or related to the Chippewa Valley in some form, and compatible with our copyright requirements.
- Users will write about their own memories and experiences, not what they remember hearing from a neighbor. The site shall not be used to extend rumor, create myths, and spread gossip.
- Users will only edit information above the Our Stories heading. Anything below that heading is somebody else's story. You can add your own story, but don't change others stories.
- If a user adds a story, s/he will include at least her/his first name and year the story was added.
- Users will maintain a civil and productive attitude in collaborating on this project. Disputes should only arise regarding article content, and those disputes will be handled generously and humbly. Procedures for resolving disputes will evolve as needed, but Wikipedia's established processes are a good general guide.
Incidents of failure to abide by these agreements and policies will result in reversing of improper edits and a warning — Gentle reminders for harmless errors and strong warnings for abuse or vandalism. Repeated infractions may result in a temporary blocks, permanent bans, or other action. Violations of copyright law or libelous statements will be removed immediately and dealt with harshly.
Ultimately the administrators' decisions on any matter internal to ChippePedia will be final and without appeal. We don't plan to ever be unfair, but if you think we have been, don't try to harass us. It won't help.
Note: Public figures or representatives of organizations and businesses covered in ChippePedia are welcome to contribute under the same terms. It is helpful for the transparency of the project if such associations are highlighted on your user page. For more discussion, see the Conflicts of interest page.
This agreement was adapted from a agreement found on Bhamwiki.com.